Tanner's greeting

Join me on my journey as I grow to become part of my pack/family. We'll have a lot of fun along the way! Hopefully, I can make you laugh.

Monday, September 19, 2011

I’m Doing the Best I Can!

 

That is what Kathy told Mommy at the S.A.N.E. seminar this past weekend! 

She said that I am having a normal reaction when I get “silly” and grab at my leash and at Mommy’s hand.  I just don’t know how to cope, so this is what I am doing.

To Mommy and me, this was great news.

But let me back up a bit and tell you where we went and why.

Mommy has been trying to help me with my crazy behavior.  She has tried all sorts of things, but now she wanted to learn about T-touch.  So, Marta (my local trainer) suggested that Mommy take me to the SANE seminar this past weekend.

IMG_0860

The seminar was at 4 Paws Spa and Training Center.  Mommy and I had to get up early on Saturday and drive for quite a while.

IMG_0858

I got to relax on the back seat of the car while Mommy did all the driving.

IMG_0859

We took a lot of stuff with us.  This is just the pile that Mommy put on the front seat.  You should have seen what was in the hatch.

IMG_0863

The training center was a big, open room with a nice rubber floor.   Mommy had brought my porta-crate and she had it all set up with my mat before she took me into the center.

IMG_0862

I felt a bit uncomfortable in this new space. Then all the other people and the other dogs got there.

leadinginbalance

This is a picture of Kathy that Mommy borrowed from her website (Cascade Animal Connection).

Kathy said the first thing we needed to do was observe our dogs.  So she asked Mommy to walk me around the room for everyone to see.  Of course, being the puppy that I am, I started to “fool around” pretty quickly.  And that is where our journey started.

I’ll tell you more tomorrow.  Believe me, we have a lot to share.

Puppy Kisses,

Tanner

2 comments: