Tanner's greeting

Join me on my journey as I grow to become part of my pack/family. We'll have a lot of fun along the way! Hopefully, I can make you laugh.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Puppy Play-Date

Hi!  My name is Tanner and I am 11.5 weeks old.  I joined my new pack/family just about 2 weeks ago and I really seem to be fitting in well. 

This is a picture of me with my mommy.  tannernmom

She has been working hard to teach me the things I need to know to fit in with the pack.  So far, I have been working on “good boy”, “Sit”, “Down” and “Stay.”  Every time I get it right, I get a yummy treat.

Yesterday, mommy and I had friends over to play.  This is my new buddy, Max.  His mommy, Kelsey, brought him over to spend the day with mommy and me.

tannernmaxMax is a few months older than me and an only-puppy in his house, so he was not too excited to play with me at first.  But, after we did a bit of sniffing, we got to be good friends and played and played and played.

Today, Mommy took me for my first solo car ride.  It was just her and me!  I sat in the front seat of the big red car.  Before today, mommy always sat in that seat and held me in her arms.  Today, I was on my own. 

My eyes got really big when she put me in the seat and closed the door.  Before, mommy would get in beside me and hold me on her lap.  Thankfully, I could see her through the window as she walked around the front of the car to get into the drivers seat.  She had never done that before either.  The other times, daddy drove. 

I looked around a lot while we drove across the street to the pet store, but mommy kept telling me I was a “good boy” so I must have gotten it right.  At the pet shop, I got to play with Sammy.  I met him the first night I came to live with my new family.  Sammy was fun to play with too. 

Now it is time for my nap.  I really like to sleep under mommy’s work table.  It is a safe place for me and mommy can get some work done too.

undertablenap

Tomorrow, I’ll tell you more about my head-collar training.  

1 comment:

  1. Yay Tanner! I'm so glad to be your first blogger buddy! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

    Big woofs & hugs,

    ~Bailey

    ReplyDelete