Tanner's greeting

Join me on my journey as I grow to become part of my pack/family. We'll have a lot of fun along the way! Hopefully, I can make you laugh.

Friday, August 19, 2011

My New Mat

Mommy went to the store yesterday.   That was nothing special.  She goes to the store almost every day.

Mommy brought something back for me.  And that too, is not unusual.  Mommy often brings treats for me. 

But today, it was not something to eat, or to play with.  It was something brown and sort of fuzzy that she spread on the floor.

20110818_3

Mommy calls it a “Mat”.  She put it right in front of my crate like a front porch.

20110818_4

It is right beside where Mommy keeps all my fun toys. 

At first, I just sniffed the “mat”.  I got a chicken treat for that.  Then I put my paws on the “mat”.  I got a click and another chicken treat.

I was not sure what to do, so I scratched at the mat.  Mommy didn’t like that.  She sent me away from the mat.  Then she let me come back.

Next, I put my paws on it again.  I got more chicken treats.  Then, I decided to try sitting on the mat.  That got me CHEESE!!!  Remember, that is my favorite treat in the world.  I will do anything for CHEESE.

So……

20110818_2

I laid down on the MAT.  And the CHEESE just kept coming.

20110818_1I think I like my mat.

Puppy Kisses,

Tanner

8 comments:

  1. wow Tanner what a great mat and it is all your own. I wish I had something here I didn't have to share with every dog in the world.

    You are so lucky.

    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get cheese for laying on a mat??? We should have started reading these blog things years ago. We need to have a little talk with our people!

    the 2 brown dawgs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawg, your mom spoils you good!! Can you tell her to give my mom some tips on spoiling me better? Not that I don't get treats, but I have to share all my toys with the other six dogs (and sometimes the four human kids) too.

    AROOOOF!
    Boondocks and The Love Shack Pack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a magic mat if it produces cheese!! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tanner,

    Wow, a new mat! You're lucky and very clever to get your Mum to give you cheese for just sitting on it! Great job buddy!

    Glad you're having fun,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mat, Tanner! After we get our floor put in, the big rug in the living room is gonna be put back. That's MY mat right there!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Woofs & hugs, <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a pretty good deal - cheese for lazing about in a comfy place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A mat with an automatic cheese dispenser! What a deal your Mom found for you. No wonder you love that mat!

    ReplyDelete