Tanner's greeting

Join me on my journey as I grow to become part of my pack/family. We'll have a lot of fun along the way! Hopefully, I can make you laugh.

Monday, January 30, 2012

What I did on my Gotcha Day

Birthday Wishes!

Mommy says that is what you are supposed to say to people!  I personally call mine a Bark Day!  But my Hu-brother MJ wants his to be a Birthday! 

Today, I want to wish him a happy 22nd Birthday!
He is a great Hu-brother!  And I hope he has a great Day today!!

Gotcha Day!

Saturday was my first "Gotcha Day"!  I was not sure what to expect, but Mommy seemed really happy and she promised me some fun.  So....
Well, the day started like every other day.  Mommy and I had cuddle time, we had breakfast, and I sat down and waited for Daddy to share his last bite of banana with me.  It was just like any other day!  Until....

Mommy put my harness on me and asked me if I wanted to go for a car ride!!  We didn't go too far in the car.  Just right across the street to my favorite pet store.

Daddy checked inside to make sure there were not too many doggies in the store.  We were really lucky.  Because they had just opened, we had the place to ourselves.

Mommy let me look around and sniff anywhere I wanted.

She even let me over by the toy rack.  And she kept asking me what I liked!  Was I going to get to take something home?

There were so many wonderful things, I just could not decide.  Of course, the balls caught my attention, but Mommy said we had plenty of those.  She wanted me to get an indoor toy!

While I sniffed in the corner,

 Daddy did some looking on the high racks. 
He called Mommy and me over to see something he thought I might like. 

And boy, did I like it!!!  I started to play with it right there in the store!

Mommy said we had to pay for it first.  Oh, yes, and the bag of dog food!  You can never have too much dog food!

Knowing what I can do to a toy, Mommy wanted to take a photo of the toy before she really let me play with it!

Then, I got to play!

I carried it around!

I shook it and shook it!!

Then, I took a nap!  I played so hard, I thought my new toy might need a break!

After my nap, I went back to chewing!

I had a lot of fun on my first "Gotcha Day!"  And my new toy is still relatively in one piece.  Although it is missing some stuffing.  Thanks, Mommy and Daddy for a great day!  Can't wait to do it all again next year!

Doggy Kisses,
Tanner

8 comments:

  1. Woof! Woof! Happy 22nd to your Hu Brother. Oh What a Golden FUN you had on your Gotcha Day. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, looks like it was a great gotcha day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tanner,

    I'm glad you had such a great day buddy!!! I can't believe you got to choose whatever you wanted from the Pet Store - that's awesome - seems like you picked a good one Dude!!

    Have fun,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanner what a lucky boy you were to get a new toy like that. I know my Annie would have loved that toy and she would have loved playing with you. I do miss the rough and tough tug-a-war with her...she really was such a marshmallow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great "GotchaDay"! That is so cool that you got to go pick out your own present! Happy Birthday to your Hu-brother!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great Gotcha Day!

    And Happy Birthday MJ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy Gotcha Day, Tanner!! What a great toy you got! :)

    Woofs & hugs, <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete