Tanner's greeting

Join me on my journey as I grow to become part of my pack/family. We'll have a lot of fun along the way! Hopefully, I can make you laugh.

Friday, February 24, 2012

I Love My Food Toy

As many of you know, I do not eat my food from a bowl.  My behaviorist wants me to work for my meals, so I eat my food from food toys.

I roll them all over the house.  As the food dumps out, I stop and eat.  It is a lot of fun for me and for Mommy.   She thinks I get silly sometimes when I eat.  I have developed a fun rocking technique that helps me to get lots of food out at one time.

Well, yesterday at lunch (yes, I get lunch and dinner) I waited to eat from my toy until after Mommy had finished her soup.  I had to make sure that I did not miss getting a treat from Mommy's meal.

But I did not manage to finish my meal before Mommy was ready to go back to the work room.

Mommy told me to bring my toy downstairs.  So, I picked it up and headed for the door.  Down the stairs I went.  Right into the work room.  Mommy thought I was going to eat, but I had other ideas.

I decided that my food toy and I should curl up on the futon and take a nap.  Afterall, I have all day to eat.  And there will be more food for supper.  I just have to remind Mommy where I left my toy!

Doggy Kisses,
Tanner

5 comments:

  1. Woof! Woof! ME too ... ENJOY! Happy Friday. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great buddy!!

    Toys get even better when they have food inside - yum yum

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toy and food combined? You can't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Tanner, you have the right idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to eat my food out of one of those things..we actually have four different ones. I guess my humans got lazy or something and I just get it in a bowl now. But I think food is pretty darn good when you have to work for it.

    ReplyDelete