Tanner's greeting

Join me on my journey as I grow to become part of my pack/family. We'll have a lot of fun along the way! Hopefully, I can make you laugh.

Monday, April 25, 2011

The Easter Bunny

The Easter Bunny came to my house on Saturday.  He came in a red purse.  Let me explain.

Mommy told me we were going to have company today.  She had been doing all sort of special things.  She was cooking, MR was baking, and they were moving furniture and using that noisy thing to clean the carpets.  I decided to fall asleep under Mommy’s work table.

001

The excitement really started when I heard Daddy say “They’re Here!”   Mommy put my head collar on to take me up stairs and meet the new people.

When I got into the living room, there were four new people waiting for me.  Mommy made me sit, then she took my head collar off and let me go!!!

001

And, boy, did I go.  I headed right toward them.  Aunt J (in the pink shirt) had something sticking out of her bag that I just could not resist.  It was a present for me!!!!  Imagine that!!!  It was a pink bunny.  She gave it to me and I went nuts!

When I finally settled down, I decided to see who the people were.

006

Uncle D and Cousin E were sitting on the couch, so I jumped up to say “Hi!”

005

Aunt J was sitting on the floor and Cousin K was trying to find a seat.  So I decided to lay on the floor and chew the bunny some more.  It squeeks in 5 places!!!!

004

Oh, and did I mention that it had a tail too?  That was the first place I managed to get the stuffing out of.  Mommy had to “de-tail” the bunny when she finally took it from me for a bit.

If you are wondering what the Bunny looks like… Mommy had to wait to take a picture till I took a break from playing. 

007

Mommy says that Bunny already looks well loved.

Thank You, Aunt J, Uncle D, Cousin E and Cousin K for my present!!  I really love it!

We had a great visit with our family.  The people talked and I played, then we ate in the basement at the big tables they had set up, and we all went for a walk.

Cousin E wanted to recreate a photo that the people had taken a long time ago. 

E,K,M&M photo

Here is the old photo.  It was taken in 1998!  They were just little like me.

009

And, here they are today…. All grown up.  I just could not sit still!

Hope you all had a good weekend too!

Puppy Kisses,

Tanner

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a very special Easter! I know all about not being able to sit still--tooooo exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to meet new people and get a present! There isn't much that will get Gus as excited as the word present. Enjoy your bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful visit, Tanner! Maybe I would have liked our house visitor if she had brought me a gift. Hmmm... I'll have to have a talk with mommy for the next time she visits. ;)

    Woofs & hugs,

    ~Bailey

    ReplyDelete