Tanner's greeting

Join me on my journey as I grow to become part of my pack/family. We'll have a lot of fun along the way! Hopefully, I can make you laugh.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Off Leash and Loving it!

Mommy has decided that I am ready to grow up a bit more.  Up until now, every time I have gone outside I have been on a leash attached to Mommy or Daddy.  But yesterday, Mommy decided I was old enough to go out on my tie out.

Mommy stayed close by and watched me.  She was folding launder in the garage.  After I did my business, I didn’t really know what to do with my new-found freedom.  So I just laid down by the door to enjoy the sunshine.

tanner shots 002

I do still go for walks – 2 times a day.  Mommy makes me wear my head collar for that.  I really don’t like to have it put on until we are ready to go.  Normally, this is what I do after Mommy puts it on.

tanner shots 004

But once we get going, I lead the parade. 

tanner shots 005

I don’t pull, because that makes my head collar really uncomfortable.  I just like to walk a bit in front.

Afternoons in the Workroom

tanner shots 001

I spend my afternoons in Mommy’s work room.  She says she has it “puppy proofed”.  She has a gate across the door to keep me in the room while she is working.  But I can see Daddy in his office across the hall if I sit by the door.  Daddy decided to come and see me yesterday afternoon, so I decided to ask “real pretty” for some petting.

New Toy

tanner shots 006

I must have been a really good boy yesterday, because Mommy gave me a new toy last night.  This one is a big stuffed square.  I could barely get my mouth on it to tear at it.  I did however, find one weak spot that I was able to chew a bit.  Mommy says these are really tough toys and the only stuffed toys she will give me. 

tanner shots 008

I guess my puppy teeth are just too destructive to other toys.

Well, I need to go rest up now.  Puppy class tonight!  Wonder what we will learn and what treats I will get?

Puppy Kisses,

Tanner

 

2 comments:

  1. WoooHooo Tanner! Good for you! It's a rainy day here, so we won't be doing too much outside today. Boooo!

    Woofs & hugs,

    ~Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanner, you are so lucky that you are able to spend the day with your parents! I bet they love taking puppy breaks to come see you! You would brighten anyone's work day, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete