Tanner's greeting

Join me on my journey as I grow to become part of my pack/family. We'll have a lot of fun along the way! Hopefully, I can make you laugh.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Meeting the “Top Dog”

Mommy and I go for a walk every morning and every evening.  Sometimes we meet people.  Sometimes we hear strange noises.  And sometimes we meet other dogs.

I have met this particular dog before.  But last night, I found out who he was.

007(1)

This is Ziggy.  Apparently, he has known my Mommy for a very long time.  Sometimes he will be outside when we walk past his yard.  He doesn’t have a fence and he does not have a leash or a tie-out.

Ziggy is a very well behaved dog.  And last night I found out why.  Ziggy has had a lot of training.  His Daddy, Mommy and HS came out to see Mommy and me last night.

005

At first, all I wanted to do was jump, play and sniff.  Then Ziggy’s daddy took my leash. 003

I learned pretty quickly that it was okay to sniff and be sniffed, but the jumping was a bad idea.  Ziggy growled and put me in my place.

006

By the end of our visit, Ziggy and I were sitting calmly, side-by-side.

007

Mommy tried to get us to pose for a picture.  But we both seemed to be looking different directions all the time.

Mommy says, when I learn my recalls better, I might get to be off my leash too.  She says it will only be to play with Ziggy.  But it still sounds like fun.

I’m off to practice.

Puppy Kisses,

Tanner

3 comments:

  1. Woof! Woof! Golden HELLO. It is always Golden DUN to meet other dogs. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Tanner! Looks like you made a new friend! How cool! :)

    Woofs & hugs,

    ~Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ziggy is right on!! I'm still working on jumping on people too--it's HARD.....

    ReplyDelete